Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Monday, December 24, 2012

A Mary Marvel Christmas


On January 6, 1943, Mary Marvel made her debut amongst the pages of WOW Comics #9...the rest, as they say, is history. I've posted bits of this story before over at a Yahoo group I'm in, but never the entire 14 pages. I restored the pages as best I could given the original source materiel I found over at the DCM. It's still a bit fuzzy but a lot more readable than it was. Most of you familiar with Mary & her exploits of playing the "damsel in distress" have probably read this by now, so this is basically a recap of sorts. Ignoring the comic's release date (I'm not exactly sure when this one hit the newsstands), it "ties in", if you'll pardon the pun, to the Christmas season. I've included a partially restored cover-scan; hope you all enjoy!















No comments: