Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Broncho Bill

When I was a kid growing up in the late '60's through the '80's, I don't recall too many western comic books, aside from what Charlton, DC & Marvel offered at that time. I'm a big fan of the western genre damsel in distress and as I discovered older books like Broncho Bill, I became even more engrossed in it. Take this example from Broncho Bill #9, where poor Betty Alden is kidnapped by a crazed man. She basically spends the next 17 pages in & out of one predicament or another, getting trussed up again & again, as the villain keeps on the move. I've only included the first 17 pages here, from the time Betty is taken to the time she escapes her bonds. There's puh-lenty of action in between...
Images slightly corrected by me & courtesy of the DCM.

No comments: