Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Daring Detective 1

A few years ago in my web-search for all things "Pulp Magazine-ish", I chanced across this badly faded cover of Daring Detective #1 You can view a much better scan HERE. I sooooo wanted to get a better scan but there was just nothing more out there (and who says you can find anything on the 'net?) So, being somewhat of an artist but with no digital skills at all (that means no Photoshop or related programmes), I set out to rebuild the cover by hand. That means with pencils, inks and markers. The result was good enough for me but, I'm sure it's still far short of the original when it was first published in 1941. Below is the progression I took. Unfortunately, I did not find the second scan until a couple of years later, so reworking the missing bits required my vast imagination.

No comments: