Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

That Spanish Site Pt.1

For quite a while I'd been looking for a site that dealt with Spanish comics, especially those involving "damsels in distress". Thanks to a good friend of mine, I have found such a place, here. I've been actively researching the site for close to 3 months now and am just amazed at how much there is. It's also surprising to see how many American comics were translated into Spanish. Unfortunately, many or most of the scans on this site are rather on the small and blurry side. I set out to attempt to remedy all that with what editing programmes I currently have. The results are mixed but, at least now one can see them just a little bit better. There is much to be discovered here and I'm only just scratching the surface, so to speak. The first 50 or so parts to this were featured on one of the Yahoo groups I'm no longer in, and I will repost them here, though with more added per post (Yahoo has a limitation on megabytes per post and I prefer Blogger's expanded method...) If you're the one to look for details such as publisher, issues ran, artists and the like, you'll have to refer to the site proper. Just getting these scans to look somewhat readable, is trouble enough! I thought I'd start of with one of the detective comics ,"El Inspector Dan" and his "Girl Friday", Stella. Seems Stella managed to get herself into quite a few predicaments. Here are some resized cover scans from the 1951 series. I also have a few interior pages that I'll post in pt.2, so watch for that.

No comments: