Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jane Arden


I'm currently seeking strips form the Jane Arden comic-strip series, especially the strips involving her in some sort of distress or peril. All I have aside from some really bad microfiche scans, are the ones pictured below. Quite a few of the strips were reprinted in Crack Comics, back in the 1940's. The first one here is from Crack Comics #3 (July 1940), and is the only one I know of that features Jane bound and gagged. The next one is from Crack Comics #25 (May 1942) and features Jane getting the ol' "coat pulled over the head" routine and tossed into a back room. There has to be more out there but, I've yet to find any. Anyone that has any clews as to where I should search further, can let me know via this blog or by e-mail. Thanks in advance.

From Crack Comics #3
Detail of above page
From Crack Comics #25

2 comments:

Marc said...

" Jane Arden: Crime Reporter " Issue Number 2 on pages 30-32 contains a scene where she's tied to a chair with radio wiring and silenced with a very realistic looking cloth cleave gag.

You can view it on the Digital Comics Museum site.

Subby said...

Thanks a bunch, Marc! I'll check that out :)