Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Stella Cravit, P.I.

Way back in the mid-'90's (and I think I mentioned this in my "Vonda Sorrel" post), I was on Eric Stanton's mail-order list. One of the many items I came across was his "Stella Cravit, P.I." story. Although the pages were xeroxed copies they were still great to have. Unfortunately, my hard-copies were lost in one of my many moves but...I was able to find poor scans on the 'net, back in '06. But as bad luck would have it, I lost most of the folder I had the scans in, in a computer crash back in '07. I saved whatever files I could to CD and quickly forgot about them. A few years later, I finally dug them out. Although I no longer have the complete story and Mr. Stanton has been gone for some time now, I can present to you the recovered and partially restored files. Here are pages 2-11. The set-up: Stella's sidekick, Melody, wants to be like her boss/heroine but ends up getting kidnapped in a case of "mistaken identity". In classic Stanton style, all hell breaks loose when the real Stella shows up to rescue poor Melody. Cue cat-fight!










No comments: