Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Monday, October 7, 2013

She's A Big Girl Now

Here's the only real DID scenario from Mary Marvel #13...it's a two-page text short story with a very limited illustration. I don't often post text pages but in this case I made an exception. Read on...



And now...for something...extra...!


Because this seemed like too short a post, I've added on the first story from Mary Marvel #16, with some bonus features of its own. Looks like Dr. Sivana's wicked daughter Georgia, is up to her old tricks again!









But wait! There's more!

Like any comic book, every now & then, the cover actually has something to do with a story in the book, itself. This is one such book. The cover scan I rebuilt as best I could...


Many of the books in my "e-collection" are available for free. The link is in the sidebar (or HERE if you're too lazy to read the sidebar~LOL!). Each book I find (that I do not personally possess), comes with its own set of problems. Small scans, yellowed & crooked pages, missing panels or page corners, dark or faded scans, etc. Microfiche scans are the toughest to work with. I spend a great deal of time attempting to improve these scans to the best of my Mac's ability. I don't use Photoshop, never have. Below is an example of a page from the story above, to give you an idea of what I'm sometimes up against. Compare if you will.

4 comments:

BondageFreak said...

Could you also please reproduce the DID pages from "The Mystery at the Old Barn" as you did here with Mary Marvel?

Subby said...

I already posted those. There was just the one page and cover for reference. The bondage in the Ginny Gordon stories is all in written form, there were no direct illustrations :(

Drawing them myself would take some time but I'd have to do it from descriptions in the book...

BondageFreak said...

Sorry, I should have made it more clear that I was referring to the written pages and their descriptions of Ginny's bondage. I think they'd still be interesting to read, even without illustrations.

Subby said...

Heh, didn't think anyone would want to actually read that but, I could always update the entry to include a text page or two ;)