Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Artist Spotlight #1 Walnut Willy

My return to DeviantART wasn't without a lot of deep thought. But I'd met so many cool artists there I kinda missed a lot of them and their work. One such artist goes by the name of "Walnut Willy", whom I met on-line a few years ago. You can find a link to his DA page over in the sidebar. Or, if you're too lazy, you can just click HERE. Willy "draws" digitally and though it may look crude, it's way ahead of anything I could ever do. I'll stick with my pens and pencils, thanks. Anyway, his OC "Night Kitten" has quite a following and even I have taken to drawing her in various perils. She's one of my favourite OC's to draw. I must say that Willy has improved and I've always liked his whimsical style :)

Below is the latest story, of which I obtained permission to re-post on the DPL. The sequence jumps a bit but you can get the gist of the short story. It involves Night Kitten, her younger sister, Susie and her mom, Pepper. Villain and Mid Watch also put in appearances. the story is left off with a cliff-hanger of sorts, as we see Pepper bound to a chair and gagged in her bedroom...

When he's not drawing Night Kitten in peril, Willy's at something else. He's seemingly never at a loss for creativity, either. Go visit him and you'll see what I'm on about. Tell him "Torpedo" sent you *wink*







No comments: