Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Starry Eyes


Meet "Starry Eyes", the cute little blonde that performed in the Big Circus as a bare-back rider, along with her pals Bobo the clown, Bucky the mule and Pinky the pony. Her tales could be found (usually) as the last story in the Punch & Judy comics from the 1940's. This tale here is from Punch & Judy #3 vol.2 (Hillman Periodicals~October, 1946) Every now and then, Starry Eyes would run afoul of the resident evil witch that seemed to follow the circus and cause havoc, from time to time. This was one of those times as the witch kidnaps Starry and Bucky, for use in her own private show.

I'd also like to point out Pinkie the Pony. I'm not sure he was the inspiration for MLP characters but the similarities are pretty close. Fans of MLP may want to note this as Pinkie appeared about 40 years before any MLP character. I, personally, am not and never will be a fan but, I do like to point out possible connections in "pop culture", when I can...







No comments: