Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Mad Mirror Maze


After taking a long over-due month off, Mary Marvel is right back in the thick of things, in one of my favourite MM tales! I recently came across a paper version of WOW Comics #51 (Fawcett~February, 1947) via the DCM and took the time to restore the MM story as best I could, including all-new detail panels and an upgraded cover scan. The story is titled "The Mad Mirror Maze". Read on, if you dare...








Of course, by the time Mary figures out who the real criminal is, it's too late...or is it?


The madman has already figured out her "magic" word and was prepared for our young heroine. Securely bound and gagged and left exposed to a devious gas, Mary struggles helplessly. Note that this is the first time I've seen a paralysis gas used for eyes!! And if you haven't figured out who the crazed madman is by now...( big hint, it isn't Dr. Sivana...)





And because this post marks Mary Marvel's return (and I'm a huge sucker for details), I've included some extra bonus panels! Enjoy!






And the cover. While It's not related to the story at hand, I just wanted to include it ;)


1 comment:

howard mull said...

More nice pics of Mary in trouble. Keep up the good work!