Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Perilous Sweets


Above is a detail panel I made from the page below, and which is the only page in my vast collection, where Dot Polka actually gets spanked! Even though she was threatened with a beating on many an occasion, this is one of the (very) few times her daddy carried out that threat. The one-pager is to the point & a bit ironic, given what she's getting spanked with. I guess you could say Dot got her "just desserts" in the end. Or in this case, on her end! Now-a-days, child discipline is frowned upon where swatting the kid's rear is considered a crime (in some states)...but I'll not go into the "politically correct" aspects of that here.



Remember Hostess fruit pies? I sure do. And I'm still waiting to find them in any store, now that most of the sugar and chemical-laden sweets are back in production. The Harvey comics featured a plethora of ads for any and everything Hostess (usually the fruit pies, cup-cakes and Twinkies.) A few of the ads involved some sort of Damsel in distress, or, as in the ad below, a forest faerie encased in a block of ice!


No comments: