Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

ND Foreign Affairs

Illustration by Jean-louis Mercier for "Clue in the Velvet Mask"

Illustration by Albert Chazelle for "The Hidden Window Mystery"


Don't worry if you don't recognise the post title. There is no such Nancy Drew book by that title that I'm aware of. I just wanted to draw attention to a few of the French editions of the Nancy Drew books. I have JIPE77 to thank for this by pointing out to me one of the 12 illustrators of the French Nancy Drew books, Jean-Louis Mercier. You can find out a bit more about him HERE and Nancy's French versions HERE. The sites are in French but my basic understanding of the language can get me by. In France, Nancy is known as "Alice Roy" and also goes by other names in other countries ("Kitty" in Norway, par exemplar.) But here, I've just concentrated on the French editions. The main site is basically an over-view of all the various Nancy Drew books, both French and American. All images are really small thumbnails and I did my best to enlarge some of the "DID-related" ones. There are not many.

The Clue of the Tapping Heels

The Mystery at Moss-covered Mansion

The Whispering Statue

Secret of the Wooden Lady (1st version)

Secret of the Wooden Lady (2nd version)

The Bungalow Mystery

No comments: