Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Friday, May 23, 2014

Priscilla's Perilous Predicament


Another find of mine from the DCM, is this sequence from Dizzy Don #22 (Enterprises Limited, Canada~October, 1946!) Here, I've only restored the middle ten pages of the story, from the time Dizzy hears of the Mayor's daughter's kidnaping via the radio, to the time he actually K.O's the villain (so, ten pages plus many detail panels.) The victim in question is one "Priscilla Hinch" and she would later rue leaving her shoes behind for clews. From what I gathered (and someone can correct me, if they wish), Dizzy Don is a stand-up comedian/detective wannabe who hosts a local radio show. Though the art may be somewhat goofy by to-day's standards, I'll remind you that this was drawn in 1946. The print quality is another matter but, I did the best I could for this rare book.







In the next sequence, some may find it odd that the villain has left Priscilla's gag on as he force-marches her (in her stockinged feet, no less!) I mean, they're out in the middle of "no-where" so, what's the possibility that she'll cry out or help? No-one else is around. No-one except Dizzy Don, that is...










Hey! How 'bout some bonus panels? Here's five more...