Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Knockout For Nancy


Here's the other tale from Roundup #1 (D.S. Publishing Co. Inc~July-August, 1948.) Here, Nancy is kidnaped by "Slick" Martin. The tale is your typical oater that closely follows the old Hollywood B-westerns of the '30's & '40's. Predictable but, still a fun read, nonetheless. This one is a bit longer at eight pages. I've added all-new detail panels :)

Sorry if anyone thought this was another Nancy Drew post. I can be sneaky that way, heh, heh. Also, beware of a "floating head" panel!









The details. Why? Because I'm a sucker for details, heh, heh...



4 comments:

jimbor said...

Excellent .
Good art and a nice story
Appreciate the "Detail Panels"

Subby said...

Thanks! I tend to get carried away with detail panels but, some just want to save those and not the whole of the story *shrugs shoulders* Mosey on over to my "Pixies in Peril" blog for more details and some of my art-work, if you haven't already. Link is in the side-bar ;)

jimbor said...

Again ,Thank you for the "detail panels " and also the entire stories for which they are taken
I really enjoy the wide range of material you draw the images for your postings from
I will take a look at your blog
Thank you again for all the great material you make available

jimbor said...

Your welcome
I appreciate the "details" but I really enjoy the complete story .
Thank you for posting so many of them.