Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Nancy Drew Cover Perils Pt. 3 Known Assailants

In a few of the Nancy Drew books, she often knew beforehand who her attacker/assailant was. The ten covers here feature this theme even if the reader has to guess the identity of the assailant. But, there are a few instances where Nancy herself, becomes the chaser in order to turn the tables on the bad guys (or girls as the case may warrant.) The last two covers below illustrate this. Also, there are no spoilers here...

Covers art for #61 and #70 are particularly favourites of mine. At some point I'd like to replace #61 for a better copy...

And if you're just now finding this here blog, you can read my review for Book #75, which includes the illustrations and details of Nancy's capture and perils.










5 comments:

jimbor said...

Great Gallery .
I share your choice of fave cover image , though I do think Nancy looks rather nice in that "Harem Girl" costume on the "Mystery of the Masked Rider " cover

Subby said...

I'll agree with you on Nan's harem outfit ;)

jimbor said...

She does look good .
Too bad she did appear "in costume" more often.

Subby said...

I've noted most of Nan's costume appearances but have yet to release them. She's been a waitress, maid, dance instructor (I have the illustrations for that one but not sure if I've posted them as yet...), "business woman" and quite a few party costumes. She's also been a tennis star a few times :D

Bess is the one that has all the cool outfits (tight sweaters and jeans, mini skirts, micro dresses work-out wear, etc.) :D :D

jimbor said...

Upon reflection I realize you are right.
Nancy did do a fair bit of "under cover " work , some of which did require specialized attire.
I do not think you have posted the " Dance Instructor" illustrations. I agree with you about Bess