Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Friday, June 6, 2014

Patsy's Perilous Predicament


Culled and restored Bob Hudson tale from Roundup #1 (D.S. Publishing Co. Inc.~July-August, 1948.) This is one of two tales from this issue that I've restored. The next one will post later on ;) There is a bit of GID in this but it's over-shadowed by Patsy's plight...







A wee bonus panel edit...

7 comments:

jimbor said...

Like the light hearted tone of the dialogue in this one
Appreciate the "Close Up" Panel

Subby said...

You should watch some of those old Hollywood "oaters". The dialogue is almost identical, heh. But the damsels weren't as feisty ;)

jimbor said...

I do have some on DVD
Also some Western Cliffhanger serials
So I know what you mean.

Subby said...

Love the cliff-hangers :D

jimbor said...

I enjoy the cliffhangers ( A lot )
I have been able to put to a small collection on D V D

Subby said...

Republic, RKO, Pathè, etc. did quite a few. Search Amazon or Oldies.com for more ;)

jimbor said...

So far I have purchased almost all of my cliffhanger serials from www.cultretro.com....