Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Monday, August 11, 2014

Not The End Of The World

I've been away on vacation and just returned to find that the Blogger "auto-publish" widget is still having issues with me. I've had no computer access for 4 days so wan't aware this did not post! So this week's Mary Marvel story is a bit late...carry on...



If you've ever listened to the original broadcast of H.G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" (1938), then you'll get the gist of this Mary Marvel story involving saboteurs. From WOW Comics #13 (Fawcett~May, 1943) comes this rip on it, sort of. The story here is complete and unedited as far as the script goes (the mustard-yellow pages I fixed the best I could.) And as this story is a product of the time, there is a bit of racism to it; even Mary Marvel voices her slurred opinions! Here are the fifteen pages (both parts 1&2, plus cover scan and inside context page (a.k.a. pg.3.)
















No comments: