Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

She Fell For Gum


iT giRL is taking a break from issue #5, it would seem (and I still haven't been able to procure a copy of that issue) so, the cover here for iT giRL & the Atomics #6 (Image~January, 2013) is a "story gotcha" only. Inside the book, it's a different set-up. Gum (drummer for the Atomics) decides to have some fun & picks up a waitress at a distant night-club on the planet Blue Bamboo (did I mention this was an interplanetary series?) Anyway, Gum & the waitress (whom he refers to simply as, "Waitress") are befriended by the local denizens, who as it turns out, have ulterior motives in conquering the other side of the meadow (shades of "Animal Farm" are apparent...) Anywho, Waitress is grabbed by the resident monster & Gum gives chase, eventually rescuing her. The scans here are re-sized from the ones I originally submitted to the c3c Yahoo group last year, so they're a bit off. I can't remember where I placed the originals...meh...




No comments: