Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Friday, May 29, 2015

Jinny In Jeopardy


Meet Jinny Sears. She'd greet you properly but...she's a bit tied up at the moment. And there's a rattler heading straight for her! Jinny appeared here in Monty Hale #31 (Fawcett~December, 1948). The Monty Hale title took over from the Mary Marvel one beginning with issue #29, after Mary's brief, 28 issue run. I've perused through quite a few of the Monty Hale books but have' only found two stories that were worthy of the DPL. This is one of them. Scans sourced from the DCM and restored by me (though, they could use more work...) Details and a "super-bonus" at the end of this seven-pager, natch...









and now...the details...I just had to get in that knee panel, heh, heh...




...and yes, there's still more (MOAR!) Here's another "Tootsie Roll" advert from 1948. So far, I've only seen this in one old Fawcett book (I think this one was in an old issue of Marvel Family). The peril and distress is there, what with all the girls in fright from a wandering, "killer" bear. Hey! I report DID where I can find it, no matter how obscure. But what got my interest, was the fact that the animal was actually shot and killed in the advert! Something one didn't see too often, even in the late 1940's. The advert also waxes on "secret" military surplus, if one knows how to "read between the lines", wot?


2 comments:

Marc said...

The ol' " leave someone tied up with a rattler nearby so it looks like an accident " trick !!!

Subby said...

But of course! MUWAHAHAHAAAA!