Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Veronica's Hypno Horror


I've recently scanned in my aging copy of Life With Archie #57 (ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS, INC.~January, 1967). Why? Well, for those fans that have anything to do with "hypnotized" damsels, you'll ken why, soon enough. The middle to late '60's saw quite a few parodies of the Man from U.N.C.L.E. telly show, with Archie (or rather, A.R.C.H.I.E.) leading the way. I'm not even sure how many of these books I have in my collection (note to self, re-survey collection). These stories are not to be confused with the Archie "super-hero" tales. But, I've plenty of those as well, heh. At any rate, issue #57 here, has two main stories. Both involve some deep hypnosis. In the first tale, V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A. (Lodge) succumbs to the dizzying beat of the C.R.U.S.H. agent know as "The Drummer", who hypnotises his victims by playing a certain rhythm with his...drum-sticks. She spends practically the whole story under his spell (try that one out sometime, Screaming' Jay Hawkins!) There are multiple panels to choose here but, I didn't get into making many of them. They just seemed too repetitious. Meh. Have a read...and maybe an aspirin or two...











No comments: