Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Devil-Trees of Gamburu Pt.1


I only have a couple of Savage Sword of Conan magazines left in my collection. Fortunately, I kept one of my favourite issues...#42. The Devil-Trees of Gamburu is probably one of my all-time favorite Conan tales. Fans of "whipped damsels" and "vore" will soon see why as you read along. Published by MARVEL COMICS GROUP~July, 1979, with gorgeous art and inks by John Buscema and Tony Dezuniga and script by Roy Thomas. It's a Hell of a read! WARNING! There is plentiful nudity, here. There is also an amount of GID where Conan is concerned.

It took me a while to scan in the book and do some re-sizing and details. I left the "tanned" effect of age in place and just did minor contrast adjustments. The details (as you will see) are pretty big but, there are a few other "goodies" to be had. I've broken this down into three parts and even then, it's pretty long. The cover scan and details for this part are at the end. There's also a bonus goodie after that :)













Here's the  (Bob Larkin art) cover scan and a few over-sized detail panels...







...super-bonus! This is the full-sized scan of page #4 (or #8 if you're going by the actual page count)...


...to be continued...

No comments: