Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Friday, October 30, 2015

Josie's Haunted Dreams


Beware of trinkets you buy at a garage sale! Or so this Josie story would lead you to believe. But her purchase of an old amulet leads to terrifying nightmares and an old, decaying mansion in this super-natural thriller. Scanned in from my personal collection; Josie and the Pussycats #68 (RADIO COMICS, INC.~April, 1973). Read along as Josie, Melody and Valerie confront and then vanquish some very ancient and very evil spirits. This is one of the better tales I've come across. Cover scan and bonus GGA detail panels (plus an additional panel of Melody getting "picked up") at the end. And though he's not credited on the page, I'm pretty sure this is the late Dan DeCarlo's work. Correct me if I'm wrong, please...









...here's some bonus goodies to fill your "trick-or-treat" bags, heh, heh...











No comments: