Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Damsels In Foreign Distress Pt.1


I have a plethora of cover scans from various European comic books. Most of them I found on the "e-Bays" of the particular countries. Mainly Germany and Italy. Over the past ten years or so, I've built up quite a collection. I sourced the best images I could find and restored the ones I could. But my hunt continues for ever better scans. I originally posted a few of the earlier finds to the c3c Yahoo group, back in '07 & '08. I've since found better source materiel for most of those older scans. The gamut runs from "Wild Western", to crime and horror (the horror stuff I'll post up for the 2nd Annual DPL Spooktacular, in October, 2016). All the rest will get posted in the norm, so to speak.

Along the way, you'll note that there was a lot of "recycled" art-work for the various covers, especially among the Italian books but, a few of the German series did the same thing. Nothing new about any of that, wot? The first two parts deal with the German "Buffalo Bill" books, of which the detail above is from issue #270 (under the Lasso Band label via Bastei). I do not have many of this series so, if anyone has links better sources, just let me know. And also note that I am including duplicate scans for recycled works. You'll see what I'm on about in Part 2.

I only wish I had some interior pages to share here but, alas, I do not. I can only wonder if the covers truly speak for the stories. But...I digress.





This cover took extensive restoration.





No comments: