Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Ruth's Remorse


In an earlier post I stated that I never knew when a "damsel-in-distress" sitch would manifest itself. I've culled a few from romance comics, of all places. Here's another find from the DCM and courtesy of Craig Yoe. From My Romantic Adventures #50 (Best Syndicated Features, Inc. under American Comics Group~Oct.-Nov., 1954). For mood music, may I suggest playing "Crazy Bitch" from Buck Cherry in the background...ahem. Anyway, in the story here, Ruth is a victim of her own mind-set...thinking she's inherited her father's insanity. WARNING! Abuse panels! Straightjacket panels! Strong-arming panels! Bonus cover and detail panels follow in this self-restored thriller. Read on...













Bonus goodies!


It's hard to see but she is gagged in this panel.


Note that Ruth is still in her straightjacket...in the bath!

No comments: