Welcome to the DPL...

Welcome to the Damsel Preservation League or "DPL" for short. Contained herein, you'll find a multitude of damsels of all ages worthy of preservation, as well as many links to current artists & writers of the DID genre, and many old-school favourites. Although this is basically a research type blog, there may be some occasional "mature" themed comics so, beware of this. Also this blog & is moderated to keep the spam to a minimum. The majority of the images are ones I've personally "rebuilt" from either my own collection or scans found elsewhere on the 'net. Any applicable copyrights belong to the owners and I make no money from them. Also note that this blog is still a work in progress and will be added to as I continue along...

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Polly In Peril


Here's a sampling from a series called "The Dark Secret of Grimstone Grange", I found in Spellbound #14 (25 December, 1976~D.C. Thomson & Co., London). Here's the story in its shortest form: Mr. & Mrs. Gaunt are a couple of greedy types out to coerce the location of the Lumley family fortune, out of one Louise Lumley. It would seem that the entire Lumley family perished in a fire. Not so. The daughter, Louise, survived. The Gaunts keep poor Louise hidden in an old mill, bound and gagged. Enter Polly Marsh, orphan and general busy-body (snoop), who is convinced Louise is still alive. The sequence here has Polly discovering where Louise is hidden. After a series of stressful attempts, Polly finally manages to get into the locked-up mill. The above detail panel is a first for the DPL (I think), in that it features both damsels in the same panel but each in a different sitch. I also created probably what it the biggest detail panel I've ever done. You'll see that at the end. Unfortunately, like a lot of the British comics I've come across, I do not have the complete story-line for this one. Have a read...







No comments: